Sunday, December 7

what did max mean when he said he'd see me at school?

**Note: I’m writing this while our internet is on the fritz, so it might be a little lengthy before we get it all sorted out**

Like I mentioned, I’ve been watching Heroes, season one, and I’ve seen a few plot hole connections in the third season. In the latest episode, Hiro and Ando are in that Texas comic book store. There have apparently been several more Isaac Mendez since his death almost a year ago, and in episode “.07%” Isaac says that the “last” comic about Hiro was the one where he went to the future.

First of all, how did Isaac Mendez write so many comics about Hiro already, when in reality the first time Hro really time travels it’s when he goes to NYC for the first time, the first real view of the “bomb?” It’s just a tiny plot hole, I guess I can let it slide…. I know I’ve had a plot hole or two in my day. But this is an epic show, and I will not say any more negative things about it.

I also started writing a new short story. I’m still a little unsure of how things are going to work out for my character, but I know the path she’s going to go in. How things are going to happen, but I don’t know how everything is going to end up yet. What kind of epiphany she will have, or what the “resolution of the conflict” will be. I do know the conflict though, which is usually my biggest problem (haha).

I’m really craving some pie a la mode. I’m not sure what kind of pie I want though. I could try some peach pie. Cherry pie. Apple pie. Those kinds of pies. I wish we had a diner that served pies, or a place like Big Pattie’s Pie House like on True Blood. I bet they’d serve their pies with ice cream. Yum.

We did a “group presentation” in World Civ 1. It was just like going back to high school. Only, the topic was slightly scholarly: a what if kind of situation for history: What if the Black Plague never reached Europe in the 14th century? It was rather interesting when I finally got around to really reading about it. I think we did a pretty good job with our class presentation though, I hope.

I realized while re-reading what I wrote for this blog, that I pretty much summarize the rambling I do. Each paragraph is pretty uniform and similar. I don't know how I do that or how it actually takes form that way.... It's just strange all-in-all.

I've been watching season one of Roswell. I forgot how wonderful it was, all those years ago, when I was still in middle school. 8th grade I think.... I finished Heroes, and now I'm almost done with Roswell. I have to go to the library tomorrow and get my blocked status taken care of so I can put seasons two and three on hold (of Roswell). I also need to put season two of Heroes on hold.

Our internet is working now, for the most part.

p&l
rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roswell. Incredible.

Lindsey A. said...

That's how I felt about my biology lab final: like I was back in high school. I'm sad Gossip Girl is over :(