Monday, December 22

sookie is MINE

I finished Dead Until Dark this evening, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with several things. One, how HBO took one almost 400-page book and turned it into a 12 episode season. Another thing is how Charlaine Harris can weave a story, and her imagination! I'm sure I could have come up with something similar, had I the thought process she had.

I also purchased the second novel, Living Dead in Dallas, today. It starts out like the HBO season ended - with a dead body in Andy Bellefleur's back seat. Now, I'm really sad this person is actually dead, because I really, really liked him. In the show he's a much more prominent character, but in the books, he seems more of a background character.

I'm also a little curious why in the books there's no Tara, and she's only been mentioned once, and not by name. Tara was Lafayette's cousin (Lafayette being the dead body in the backseat). Very unfortunate stuff, the death of Lafayette. I wonder if this book will be the premise of the second season. They did embellish a lot in the first season, while going along with the first book, but it worked out well in the end. But Tara is supposed to be Sookie's best friend. Sookie had no friends in Dead Until Dark, which is weird, since Sookie had lived in Bon Temps her whole life. Arlene couldn't have been her only friend.

So many questions, so little time. I wish Charlaine would continue to write the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I think she's done with them. Alas.

p&l
rachel

No comments: